Bouckville is located in the heart of Upstate New York only minutes from Syracuse and Utica. There is plenty to discover and explore in Central New York and around the Madison County and Bouckville, NY area. There are Campgrounds, Universities, Bed and Breakfasts, quaint villages, quaint country roads for hiking and biking , Country Inns, and a rural community full of heritage. From timeless antique shops to high-end boutiques, to local farmers markets, hiking trails, lakes and streams for fishing, swimming and kayaking, you won't run out of places to explore.
- Antique Shops - Multiple antique shops with a variety of wares within walking distance. Bouckville is famous for its world-class antique shows.
- Windmills - A local attraction within driving distance.
- Fishing - A couple of good fishing holes close by.
- Swimming - Great swimming with life guards on duty close by.
- Biking - Rolling country roads as well as off road trails for mountain biking.
- Hiking - Hike scenic off road trails and quiet, quaint country roads.
- Turning Stone Casino
- A short drive to the gaming tables. The casino offers gaming excitement at both classic games of chance and today's most popular specialty games. Try your luck at over 80 table games and 2,400 Instant Multi-Games® machines.
- Vernon Downs Harness Racing
Nestled in the beautiful rolling hills of Central New York, Vernon Downs offers a long running history of fast paced Harness Racing.
- Barker Brook 18 Hole Golf Course
Barker Brook is a fun 18 hole regulation course located at the Barker Brook Golf Club facility in Oriskany Falls, NY.
- The Golf Courses at Turning Stone
Play where the pros play! Turning Stone Resort is the premier golf destination of the northeast.
- The Baseball Hall of Fame - A day trip to Cooperstown.
The Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum is home to the greatest stars and the history of the game. The museum tells visitors the story of baseball through its three-story timeline, with the majestic Plaque Gallery serving as a centerpiece.
- The Boxing Hall of Fame - in Canastota, NY,
The International Boxing Hall of Fame chronicles over a century of boxing history, including Canastota’s own Carmen Basilio and Billy Backus. Boxing fans can meet boxing legends at the annual induction celebration in early June.
- Colgate University, in Hamilton, Madison County, NY
- Canal Cottage Museum:
Located on State Route 20, Bouckville, on the summit of the historic 175-year old Chenango Canal in Bouckville has a 7-mile walking trail between Hamilton and Bouckville on the original towpath that was used by mule-drivers (hoggees).